বৃহস্পতিবার, ২১ মার্চ, ২০১৩

Food & Drink in Montana | Seattle's Travels

SEA 5245 Food & Drink in Montana

The thing about food and drink in Montana is that it is pretty much unexpected. Sure, you might imagine a nice steak when you think about it, but the Montana culinary scene has so much more to offer.

From back-country cooking to modern microbreweries, here are a few of my favourite Montana culinary experiences:

?

My first dining experience in Montana took place in a small cafe in Missoula, called Catalyst. We sat by the window, ordered our food and chatted as Led Zeppelin quietly played in the background. Given that I was wearing a Zeppelin shirt at the time, I was smitten before the food even arrived.

I only ordered a (giant) Caesar salad, but was really impressed by the other dishes that appeared on the table, like the?Tomato Lime Tortilla Soup, topped with tortilla chips, jack cheese & cilantro. And, bread. So much bread.

catalyst Food & Drink in Montana

?

After lunch in Missoula, we continued on to the Swan Mountains where we would be spending the night with Yurtski. I was fully expecting a basic camping meal like grilled hot dogs or baked beans, but I was totally unprepared for the four course meal that graced our?taste buds.

Here we were in a yurt in the middle of nowhere in the back-country mountains; no running water, no electricity?but we were presented with a full dinner that put most restaurants to shame, all whipped up on a simple camping stove.

SEA 4885 Food & Drink in Montana

We started with fried pork and?peanuts?topped with cilantro in a red cabbage wrap, which blew me away. I thought that alone was the entire meal and was fully satisfied.

When our guide casually said that the Pad Thai was on its way, I honestly thought he was making a joke that he had ordered Thai delivery.

SEA 4890 Food & Drink in Montana

It wasn?t until I turned around to see him?boiling?noodles ten minutes later that I realized he was serious. Have I ever mentioned that Pad Thai is my favourite?

We continued to eat little pork fried appetizers between the dishes, so by the time dessert came I could hardly even look at the steaming berries that topped the richest chocolate cake I have ever tasted.

SEA 4894 Food & Drink in Montana

?

Whitefish brought on a whole new set of starters and appetizers, with a table full of choices at Tupelo Grille.

There was Candied bacon wrapped shrimp toasted coconut, kaffir lime coconut cream, sweet bourbon street chili sauce served on crisp bibb lettuce.

SEA 5136 Food & Drink in Montana

There were?Fried green tomatoes dredged in buttermilk and cornmeal flour topped with sweet roasted red pepper cream and goat cheese.

And, there was?Shrimp & crawfish cakes laced with roasted red pepper cream and garnished with a spicy Thai cucumber salad.

?Drooling?

SEA 5132 Food & Drink in Montana

?

A quick breakfast at Base Camp Cafe (not even listed online anywhere) ?in Columbia Falls proved to be the best morning meal of the entire trip.

I ordered a large tea and an enormous plate of?Belgian?style waffles covered in mixed?wild berries?and cream. DE. LISH.

IMG 2073 Food & Drink in Montana

?

I am a beer girl and I make a point of tasting different flavours from all over the world. I was fairly excited to taste some beer before I even arrived in Montana, knowing that there were so many local microbreweries to choose from.

I had the chance to order a number of pints from different restaurants, but really enjoyed our visit to Desert Mountain Brewing, which had literally just opened its doors a week earlier.

We sampled a stout, IPA and Amber. My favourite was the Amber.

SEA 5231 Food & Drink in Montana

SEA 5232 Food & Drink in Montana

?

Dinner at the Double Arrow Resort offered a selection of classic meals with their own spin on the arrangement.

I ordered a Tuscan Chicken, which was a breast of chicen with a roasted yellow tomato sauce, artichoke hearts, Kalamata Olives, served with white bean Cassoulet.

SEA 5027 Food & Drink in Montana

Don?t tell anyone, but we also spoiled ourselves with an entire dessert platter split between three people. Shhh.

SEA 5033 Food & Drink in Montana

?

SEA 5135 Food & Drink in Montana

SEA 5022 Food & Drink in Montana

SEA 5036 Food & Drink in Montana

SEA 5142 Food & Drink in Montana

SEA 5128 Food & Drink in Montana

SEA 5028 Food & Drink in Montana

SEA 5143 Food & Drink in Montana

SEA 52421 Food & Drink in Montana

SEA 5144 Food & Drink in Montana

IMG 2072 Food & Drink in Montana

?

To end this off, I present you with my new favourite dessert; the bread pudding in a hot butter rum sauce.

We decided to share this cake among the table, but I went into some sort of strange dessert shock after my first bite. I wanted the entire thing to myself and declared it better than steak. I will go back to Whitefish, even if just for that cake alone!

SEA 5146 Food & Drink in Montana

?

glaciermt 1355517302 600 Food & Drink in Montana

This trip was made possible by?Western Montana?s Glacier Country
All thoughts and opinions are my own.?

Follow them on:
Facebook
Twitter
Instagram?

pixel Food & Drink in Montana

signature Food & Drink in Montana

spacer Food & Drink in Montana

?

Source: http://seattlestravels.com/food-drink-in-montana/

Aly Raisman Oscar Results Jennifer Lawrence Fall Ang Lee les miserables jennifer lawrence Oscar Winners 2013

কোন মন্তব্য নেই:

একটি মন্তব্য পোস্ট করুন